Friday, April 29, 2011

Why I hate "pending"

I've applied to a total of ONE grad school program. It's the only program that makes me think "Two more years of school? Bring it on!" After months of taking various tests, running around to make sure I got every single document needed for the application, I sent it in. And now...I wait. I see the same word every time I log into the application status portal..."pending". I feel the same thing every time I check my mailbox..."pending", every time I check my e-mail..."pending". Now, as I near the close of both my final semester of undergrad and the lease of the apartment I could never afford without help from my parents...I'm still pending.

It's driving me insane! I need to find a place to live, find a summer job wherever I'm living, not to mention the fact that I have this slight tendency to be a perpetual worrier.So, I pack up boxes, study for my finals, say goodbye to professors who shaped my undergraduate education...and I pend.

And now for something completely different! Leopold, making sure he makes it to our new apartment.

No comments: